Friday, July 19, 2013

My Wife's hesitations towards visiting Japan

Since I met my wife in 2007, she has known all about my fascination with Japan and the Japanese people.  I have also known about her disinterest and unwillingness to go visit that amazing country and culture.  I thought that it might be benificial for us to sit down and talk about it since it is something that we have not finalized, and so that we could really understand each other on the situation (which is not all that big of a deal anyways).

So a list of her hesitations

-Being such a different culture
-Long plane ride
-Personal space issues
-Language barriers
-Food
-Isolation
-Again, personal space issues

I think that this one comes down to her feeling a bit out of place and in an unknown situation.  This may come down to her typical stereotypes or to her discomfort of being in such a drastically different environment.

I don't know how we are ever going to settle this one, but I am trying to get my parents to include us on a family trip to Japan sometime soon.  When we went to visit my sister at the end of her work in Thailand, she never got to see Japan.  She wants to, my wife and sister get along, therefore maybe with the help of my sister and the financial blessings of our family, I will get my way!

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment